Silgan Supplier Assessment & Social Responsibility
The Supplier must ensure that it meets all applicable Federal, State and Local labor laws, including:
- Anti-slavery, child labor and human trafficking laws
- Industry standards pertaining to number of hours and days worked
- Applicable laws and binding collective agreements (where applicable), including those pertaining to overtime work and other premium pay arrangements
- Non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices on the grounds of criteria such as race, color, religion, gender, age, physical ability, national origin, or sexual preference.
Safety & Health
The Supplier shall provide employees with safe and healthy working conditions. Facilities must be constructed and maintained in accordance with applicable standards set by Federal, State and City codes and ordinances.
At Silgan, our goal is to provide a positive environmental impact by seeking out sustainable, value-creating opportunities in our manufacturing operations and the products we produce. As such, we expect our suppliers to also strive to use their natural resources effectively and responsibly by managing energy use, reducing waste, and recycling where possible.
Code of Federal Redulations
- The Supplier shall comply with all applicable parts of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Articles will not, when shipped, be adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the Federal Food and Drug or Cosmetic Act, or any applicable state law in which the definitions of misbranding are substantially the same as those contained in the Federal Food and Drug or Cosmetic Act as amended as of this date.
- The Silgan Quality Philosophy can be summarized as follows:
- We define quality as conformance to all Silgan requirements: performance, schedule and cost.
- We focus on prevention rather than correction.
- We establish the responsibility for quality with each individual and organization (internal/external).
- We obtain quality by seeking continuous improvement, minimizing deviations from requirements.
- The Supplier shall have a documented Quality System which complies to Industry Standards, such as ISO9001-2008, GFSI, GMA-Safe, etc.